the XIII century the archbishop “Matteo di Capua” and the
cardinal of Amalfi “Pietro Capuano” widen the cathedral
building the “Atrium” and the “Crypt”
to lodge the mortal remains of S.Andrew Apostle, who came from
Constantinople, during the IV Crusade.
the Atrium, was restored and in 1929, Paolo Vetri painted some
frescos about “Miraculous fishing”, near the Bronze
made in 1060, in Constantinople and given to the Amalfi Church by “Pantaleone
de Comite Maurone”, rich Amalfi merchant.